Venue and accommodation
MM2017 will be held at the Margaret River Education Campus of Curtin University which is located 280 km south of Perth in an area that is famous for premium wines, boutique produce and world-class surfing.
Margaret River is a popular holiday destination and so there are a variety of accommodation options available in the town and surrounding area to suit every budget from backpackers to luxury resorts. More information on accommodation options and how to book can be found at the following web sites, as well as through standard on-line booking services:
Some suggested accommodation options (with distance from the venue and approximate prices per night) are:
- Margaret River Hotel (1.2 km): $185-$220 (sleeps 4)/$135-$170 (sleeps 1-2)
- Admiral’s Stirling Inn (1.2 km): $165-$275 (sleeps 2-6)
- Bridgefield Guesthouse (1.2 km): $130-$160 (sleeps 1-2)
- Edge of the Forrest Motel (2 km): $150-$170 (sleeps 1-4)
- Quality Inn Margaret River (4 km): $160-$180 (sleeps 1-3)
- Margaret Forest Holiday apartments (1 km): $220-$310 (sleeps 4-5)
- Margaret River Resort (1.5 km): $150-$200 (sleeps 2)/$340-$380 (sleeps 4)
- Leeuwin apartments (1.5 km): $220-$270 (sleeps 2)/$240-$340 (sleeps 4)/$280-$370 (sleeps 6)
- Vintages Motel and apartments (1.5 km): $160-$200 (sleeps 1-2)/$220-$280 (sleeps 2-4)
- Margaret River Backpackers (600 m): $30-$60 (shared rooms)
- InneTown Backpackers (1.3 km): $30-$60 (shared rooms)
NB The 25th September is the Queen’s Birthday public holiday in WA and the conference falls during the school holidays. Therefore it is important to book accommodation early.
There are a number of options for getting to Margaret River:
- A shuttle service will be provided from Perth Airport to Margaret River, departing at 3.45 pm (Terminal 1; Virgin/International) or 4 pm (Terminal 4; Qantas/Jetstar) on Tuesday 26th September. Participants of the MolSim school will also be able to catch the bus from Curtin University at 4.30 pm. The shuttle will return on Saturday 30th September leaving at 7.30 am with the aim of arriving at the Airport by 11 am in time for early afternoon flights. This shuttle requires prior booking and will cost $75 return.
- Car hire (the drive to Margaret River is approximately 3 hours). For the period of the conference basic car hire starts from $200 plus extras for CDW, etc.
- TransWA bus service (twice daily Perth-Pemberton service stopping at Margaret River). Based on the current timetable the buses to Margaret River leave Perth at either 9 am or 12.15 pm, with the Saturday return service being at 8.45 am. The journey time by TransWA bus is just over 5 hours and currently costs $88.30 return.
If staying in the town there is no need for transport to get to the venue as everything is within walking distance.
Directions to Margaret River
Information on how to drive to Margaret River can be found at the following link.